Soy Biodiesel or Soy Methyl Ester (SME) is biodiesel produced from soybean oil. Since soybean oil is the dominant oil produced in the U.S., the development of biodiesel has revolved around soy oil. One bushel of soybean produces about 1.5 gallons of biodiesel. Soy biodiesel delivers a lower cloud point than biodiesel produced from animal fats (tallow), palm oil and used cooking oils. This means it can be used at much lower temperatures (down to -4° C). Soy biodiesel and its combustion emissions also have a pleasant odor. Only 20% of the bean is crushed for oil to produce Soy Biodiesel, with the remaining 80% forming a high protein product called soybean meal - a staple feedstuff of poultry, swine and cattle, thus adding to food security.
Corn Biodiesel or Corn Methyl Ester (CoME) is biodiesel produced from corn oil.
Canola Biodiesel or Canola Methyl Ester (CME) is biodiesel produced from canola oil.